I would like this part say that many people don’t aware about the warning of a spontaneous collapse ceiling. Please tell that collapse ceiling can cause serious injury for the family so prevention is a must if they aware of their family safety. And tell that we can help their problem, we offer service around Bunbury, Albany, Denmark, Western Australia. Many people aren’t aware of the warning signs that can point to a spontaneous ceiling collapse. If you did know the signs, you could book in a ceiling damage repair to prevent serious damage to your home but more importantly serious injury to yourself and your family.
Ceiling crack repair and ceiling cornice repair is our speciality and we provide outstanding service at competitive pricing throughout the Bunbury, Albany, Denmark regions in Western Australia.
My ceiling fell down, repair needed!
A plaster ceiling falling down can occur for numerous reasons, most notably as a result of storms, leaks, heavy weights bearing down on the joists in the attic or roof, poor workmanship and inadequate use of premium adhesive.
According to the following report by the Building Commission > Compliance Report – Investigation into gypsum plasterboard ceiling collapses five out of seven sights had problematic timber joints in the ceiling due to an inadequate amount of adhesive and its positioning.
What are ceiling collapse warning signs?
So how do you know if your ceiling is going to collapse?
There will usually be warning signs to alert you of a potential collapse. As soon as you see any of the below signs, we encourage you to seek out a ceiling damage repair specialist like us, straight away.
- ceiling cracking
- Plasterboard sheeting beginning to sag
- Cracks appearing on your ceiling
- Blisters appearing in a line across the ceiling. This is a sign that the plasterboard sheeting is pulling away from the joist above.
If you are a landlord or manage a rental property, it is important to conduct a regular scan of the ceilings at every inspection.
Where can I find ceiling repair near me
Here at Southern Ceiling Repairs we offer professional inspection and find the right ceiling damage repair solution.
Here are a few things you can do beforehand to help you understand the scope of the problem.
- Measure ceiling height from where it meets the wall and also the ceiling height from the middle of the room. If there is a height variation of approx 12mm or more, this could be an indication that the plasterboard sheeting is detaching from the ceiling joists.
- Place a spirit level over some of the ceiling sheeting to check for unevenness
- If you are comfortable doing so, you can access your attic and see if you can spot a gap between the ceiling sheeting and joists. However it is better to hire a qualified ceiling repairer to carry out the inspection.
Why choose southern ceiling repairs
If your ceiling fell down, repair needs to be immediate and that is where we come in. We offer a 24/7 365 service and will locate the source of damage and repair the affected area quickly and reliably.
Our experience, skills, outstanding customer service and friendly team makes us Western Australia’s premier leaders of ceiling repair.